Friday, August 28, 2009

"LIFTED UP"

Today is the end of the week and I am so happy we have the weekend to rest....
I have debated on sharing this but I believe in the power of prayer and as always in my home I feel the need for constant prayer. So once again I am asking for your prayers!
This summer has been amazing, and God is so good! We have overcome what I thought and still feel may have been the most difficult thing as a family we have had to endure open heart surgery while Kaitlyn was being moved to North Carolina! I am well and taking care of my family again and only have occasional days of exhaustion left (as well as all the lovely meds) that remind me of Open Heart Surgery! Oh yes, and of course my scar and definite memories but I am strong and feel so overwhelmed with thanksgiving and praise! Kaitly has made some friends and even went to the football game last Friday and had two friends spend the night! Soccer starts in the Spring and I'm sure she'll be on the team scoring goals before we know it!

This week we have been testing my sweet Harrison for ADHD. He has had to go through four days (today is #4) of testing and questioning after questioning and he is OVER IT! During day ones evaluation with Harrison and I the phychologist looked at me and said, "Mom, you realize with this (the teachers) evaluation alone he has a HIGH LEVEL...." I just nodded and said I had an idea. She said she just didn't want me to be surprised! LOL! Really, surprised?? Okay, for 6 years I have just wanted to find the spout for his energy level and DRINK IT! I'm sad but not surprised!
As the days have gone on Harrison is so tired of the "games" - there not fun games mom they just have me read this or answer that or tell them what makes a tornado or how fires start and I just have to sit still for SO LONG! I know, buddy, it's almost over!
I just want to hold my sweet baby boy - the one with colic that wouldn't sleep for 8 months and start over and as we were up all night rocking I just want pray pray pray over him that he wouldn't grow up and be a 6 year old boy that has ADHD..... but it's too late I think it's here and I feel so helpless.... Please pray for us!
More than anything I just want him to feel "normal" and be able to sit still and read and be able to focus on his reading so he won't fall too far behind - actually, more than anything I just want to take this one for him! I NEVER EVER want him to feel different but he is and we all are somehow.... and That is the way God created Harrison - Perfectly in His image - THAT is what I want Harrison to feel ALWAYS!

SO! I read this sweet devotion this morning and of course - God chose it perfectly for me today and I wanted to share part of it (b/c it's long) with you and pray maybe He wanted You to see it today too!

Have a Blessed Day!
Christi

"Engulfed by the floods of life and surrounded by his enemies, David was in a vulnerable place. But he remained strong b/c he knew the One who could bring triumph out of tragedy and victory from defeat. David trusted his mighty Savior b/c their relationship rested ON A ROCK-SOLID, centuries-old covenant that could not be swayed. Like a small child enveloped by his parents' love, David EXPECTED GOD to intervene. Based on what he knew of God's character and his covenant promise to his people. David expected redemption. His hopes were not in vain. GOD REACHED DOWN AND PULLED DAVID UP FROM THE DEPTHS.
The ONE who rescued David still waits for his people to call on him during WHATEVER trials they face. The God who lifted David to new heights and gave him a song to sing wants to reach down from on high to lift your spirits and help you rise above your circumstances.
What can you do when the storm breaks? Where do you turn when your world seems to crumple around you? You're not in this alone! Follow David's lead and run to God, who wants to be your stronger tower. Look to God to regenerate your strength. Just as David did,... cry out to the Lord for help. Then SING PRAISES when he reaches down to LIFT YOU UP!"
Praise God, We are Never alone!

No comments: