Saturday, May 2, 2009

Heavenly "Warm Cookies"

I really am just blogging this morning briefly because I have to say, there is just something so sweet about quiet time with the Lord and I have to tell you this morning was precious - God spoke directly to me (again) and I just love it when He hears my heart and meets with me and speaks to me -so clearly that I become so overwhelmed with emotion that He- the creator of all things, loves Me so much! So I have to share.

There is nothing more relaxing than sitting alone in the morning - I could even hear the birds this morning, as I sat in my big, over sized chair and curled up under my sweet Lilly Ann's blanket and opened up the Bread of Life! I thought I'd come in here and make a cup of coffee and open up my computer and read from Beth Moore's blog - she always has great scripture and insight, and then I'd open up my daily devotional that is emailed to me and then I'd feel complete to start a sweet Saturday with my family. Well, as I straightened up the family room I saw my Bible just sitting there next to my favorite, very adorable and comfortable chair and it just made me feel safe and I know that may sound so corny to you but I have to tell you it's like a warm cookie in my soul when I just sit with my bible and pray and spend sweet time with my Heavenly Father. I always know He hears my prayers and I just love it!

Anyway, the reason I'm blogging today is to ask you all to be praying. I found out my surgery date is going to be June 11th. I will go to Rochester, Minnesota on the 7th, get up on the 8th have a consultation with Dr. Nishimara (sp?) and then on the 10th I'll be admitted to the hospital and my surgery is the 11th. Of course as I sat alone in prayer I was overwhelmed by the very idea that I could die! (of course I didn't even consider I could live because that's how twisted my mind is most the time)
I admitted to the Lord of course I am scared.... I don't want to say I'm afraid because I know "fear" is not from (Him) you but I quickly admitted that He knew me - He created me and I was secretly afraid - although I totally trust Him! (So bare with me as I feel like I'm rambling -it's getting good. ) So I was reading through Ephesians about Paul and He showed me very specifically a prayer to pray for someone I so dearly love and then I was just reading here and reading there and in 2 Corinthians He gave me this sweet verse right off the bat:
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. (2 Corinthians 10:3-4) I knew immediately this fear was my stronghold!
My first jewel of the day - immediate answer to prayer - trust in the Lord and he will help me to battle my strongholds! Thank you, Lord!
Next jewel: I looked over and saw my devotional book and decided I'd find a devotion there because it is scripture that you pray back to the Lord putting your name or whomevers name in specific spots.... so here was my sweet devotion this morning.... absolutely God's word speaking directly to me! And of course in such a sweet (warm cookie) way! You'll see - open God's word and just close your eyes and speak to Him about your heart and ask for scripture for peace and HE WILL DELIVER! I have to preface this by telling you I did not thumb through my devotion book - I OPENED TO THIS PAGE! God is so good!

Enjoying Freedom from Fear
Lord, Your Word says, "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Psalm 34:4) I see k You this day, believing that You hear me, and I pray that You will deliver me from any fear that threatens to overtake me. You said You have "not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7).

Flood me with Your love and wash away all fear and doubt. Give me a sense of Your loving presence that far outweighs any fear that would threaten to over take me.
Help me to rely on Your power in such a manner that it establishes strong confidence and faith in You.
AMEN!!

This is exactly what kinds of "warm cookies" my sweet Savior cooks up for me each time I come to Him for my needs. He NEVER fails, He CAN be trusted and ALWAYS DELIVERS! He loves us and knows our struggles but if we lay them at His feet and pray for help with our strongholds He will give us freedom. He allows us to chose Him or the world to heal our wounds - and if we chose Him we will free us from our "strongholds"! I chose you, Lord!!

Have a fabulous day! I hope you enjoy heavenly "warm cookies" today too!

No comments: