Friday, May 1, 2009

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.Deuteronomy 31

Right now is such a scary time for me for many reasons. At this very moment the Swine Flu is in Collierville! I guess it never occurred to me that something from the National news would threaten us too! I feel like it's some 3rd world disease or something and I know I'm just overreacting but I refuse to allow fear to begin my day! I refuse to allow Satan into my mind and heart when I am so very confident in my Heavenly Father!! So I am searching left and right for scripture to cover this fear and Praise and Worship to replace it! I wanted to post some of them and I may add more as I come upon them.... bare with me but this is my prayer over my family and my city and my country and my nation - May God be glorified through all of this!

I was reading this morning a blog by Beth Moore and she was talking about a time she was in India and teaching women with an entirely different life than her, need than her, dialect than her....etc and the barriers were overwhelming and she wasn't getting through to them... she could just feel it. And she began to pray that the Holy Spirit would come into that place and bring clarity to these women in His name. And all of the sudden she began to remember the pain and suffering and abuse of her childhood - memories she could barely bare to remember and in those memories she was able to remotely relate to these women... she cried over them and prayed over them and the Holy Spirit was all over her message!!

From that story I am reminded that we all do go through things in our life that are seemingly devastating so that maybe one day we will be able to relate to someone we may have nothing else in common with in the world but through Christ's love and our freedom from the pain we can share His promises with them that they may be saved! I know I'm rambling but Praise God I've got scripture to cover my fears today and maybe you will need just one of these in your life too.
Enjoy!

Psalm 121 (HCSB)I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber. Indeed the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side. The sun will no strike you by day, or the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life. The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.

"Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling."
Psalm 91:9-10


"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with and inexpressible and glorious joy."
Peter 1:8

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:21

"The fear of the Lord leads to life then one rests content, untouched by trouble."
Proverbs 19:23

"Your faith should not be in the wisdom fo men but in the POWER OF GOD."
1 Corinthians 2:5

"The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
1 Peter 5:10

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

"You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."
John 24:14 (NIV)

Hebrews 11:6 (NIV) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

"The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment." 2 Peter 2:9 (HCSB)

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.Psalm 30:11-12 NIV

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.Psalm 143:8

No comments: