Sunday, May 10, 2009

A MOTHER'S DAY TRIBUTE TO MY MOMS!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOMS!
Today will be precious for me! I will be loved on and hugged on and loved on some more and all day long I will be humbled by the very idea that this little girl with only one dream of growing up to be a mommy got to be just that and with the most fabulous man God personally picked out just for me (who by the way just brought me coffee as I sit and type away! I love you, honey!) WOW! Today I will feel blessed all day that God made ME a Wife and MOMMY!! I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that one! I can still very vividly remember being pregnant with Harrison and having an overwhelming fear that he wouldn't live outside of my tummy - because I do not deserve him! First I got to be married to Jason, a "good guy" and then I got to be blessed with a sweet Kaitlyn - whom I never got to birth but was/am madly in love with and then.... A BABY of my very own - to grow in my very own body not once but TWICE?? That is Grace! The fact that I am a mommy today of both children I got to birth and one precious gift I get to be a mommy in conjunction with her mom is definitely overwhelming and precious and moving and GRACE!
I do have to tell you one early gift I got last night from my very sweet boy, a note he wrote... "I luv you B cus you r my mom!" He just couldn't wait until today - (he's so my child!) I love that he can write now and that he loves me so much he writes me love letters and no one makes him! :) SIGH!


So this day will be full of love and wonderful reminders of how very blessed I am but it will not be filled with my sweet Mom or Step-Mom, Susan!

I will miss you mom, today especially! I am so proud of you and I just wanted to let you know! I think you are so brave and incredibly driven and WOW you are doing so wonderfully! And after all the hard work and crazy busy life you always take time to call me and visit on the phone almost daily and I have to tell you - I will never tire of you calling to catch up! I love that you call!
I love how you have Mothered Ashleigh! You and Steve have started all over with her and that is so amazing and because of you two she will always know what it is like to have two parents that love her and love each other! That is so incredibly important! You make me so proud and I just wish today I could be with you and love on you and hug on you and maybe for just a minute you will take the time to remember a scared 16 year old girl pregnant with me and all the trials of life ahead of you and look at you, at me at these sweet grandbabies and know, YOU ARE SO BLESSED! YOU ARE SO LOVED! We love you so much, Mom! I pray you got our card and you feel this HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUHGGGG!! Happy Mother's Day! I love you!

Like Kaitlyn, I too have a Step-Mom! I happen to be one of the most blessed people I know because of my sweet step-parents! I often hear from anyone that meets Susan or Steve, how incredibly "lucky" I am to get to have both of my Step-parents-they are truly FABULOUS!
I like to believe I AM BLESSED! Not lucky! Our whole family is! So I don't want to miss an opportunity to love on you, Susan, too!

You are fabulous! Thank you for always making me feel so wonderful! I have told Jason before that I hope when Kaitlyn is my age and she's counting her blessings she knows I love her as much as I know you love me!! You have ALWAYS praised me! For as long as I can remember You have told me something you think is wonderful about me! You will find a shirt, a dress, a skirt, my home, my marriage, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and you praise me! You always make me feel so good and I want you to know I THINK YOU ARE FABULOUS! You are incredibly busy and you still find ways to love on EVERYONE!! I hope you feel undeniably loved today!!! Happy Mother's Day! I know you have to work and we won't see you but I pray you got our card and you know we love you so much!! Have a great day! HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG!!
I love you!

I hope you both have a Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

well, thanks alot...I just cried ALL my make-up off...oh,wait- that might be a GOOD thing...read my post about this morning!- I love you sweet friend and YOU are one of the best mommies I know!!!
Many Blessings!