Tuesday, May 5, 2009

One Precious READING boy!


Harrison is reading! He has been learning to read more and more but his confidence has just gotten so high lately and today, as I was visiting his classroom to help with a craft, one of the Mom's said, "Isn't Harrison a good reader?? Harrison would you read to your class while we finish our craft?" He was so proud and SO WAS I! He went right up front, picked out a book and my sweet Kindergartner read that whole book to his class! He really IS about to go to 1st Grade!! It's so bittersweet for me! He's growing up so much and I love all that he is doing and his personality is fabulous and even today one of his teachers said, "I just love Harrison, talking to him is like talking to an adult!" Sometimes he is such an old soul :) He was just my little sidekick for so long and even now he still loves to snuggle with me but he also stops everything to run to his daddy for some football or whatever as soon as he walks in the door! I do so love a boy and his daddy but it's just so obvious that he's growing up and Mom's not all that cool anymore.
Last night I was laying down with him and he said, "Mom, sometimes when you come up to school I get embarrassed." I asked what was embarrassing and he said, it just depends on what we're doing...." then I said, "well, I don't have to come up there, buddy, I don't want to embarrass you." And he sat up and said, "yea, but if you didn't come, I'd be so sad!" Little does he know if I didn't come up there..... It would make me really sad too!!

2 comments:

the hollis huddle said...

This is bringing me hope for my own rambunctious boy. Way to go Harrison!

Jill said...

Such a sweet boy!!!- I know the feeling on the "sad" note...can't believe my BABY will be going to first grade....