Friday, May 15, 2009

A NEW SWEET DAY!

“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.” Deuteronomy 4:9

YES, I am aware that it is STILL raining! And that it has been for like a stinkin month and that my swing set is on the verge of floating away!
However, it is such a new sweet day! On one of Beth Moore's DVDs she talks about the importance of having an intimate relationship with God and just talking to Him and visiting with Him. An example she gives is how she'll just be driving down the road and say, "is it hot enough in Houston for ya, Lord?! I know this is Your day and you created it but is it hot enough yet?" Laughing out loud at this very thought this morning as I got ready I said, I have to admit Lord, like Beth I am wondering, has it rained enough in Collierville for ya, Lord? I know this is Your day and only You know what we need but I'm just wondering.... has it rained enough yet, Lord?? I know He must just laugh sometimes at the very idea that we would worry about rain! But the sun does make for a much prettier day in my opinion!
Today, thank goodness, I had a relief from life's yuck and I got to play with my sweet kids at KDO! I love it that I'm a sub now because I go so inconsistently that it's just plain sweet time with the kids when I get to be with them and love on them and rub backs and give hugs and even today one little boy told me I wasn't in charge of him -when I asked a group to settle down and be gentle! And it really just made me laugh and I still hugged him and loved on him! Not to mention it's a no brainer when they ask me to sub because Lilly Ann SO LOVES "CHURCH"! In fact DAILY she wakes up and says, "I go to church today?" Church is her name for both Sunday School and KDO because they are both at Forest Hill Community Church - which is such a gift in and of itself! So I have to share some cute little pics of her enjoying her day at "Church" and just stop a minute and love that God gave me a New Day!
A Happy Day! I want to be careful not to forget these kinds of days!

Oh and I also got a really cute pic of Harrison - today was "Hula Day" so we sent him all in gear - had to get a pic of that too :)




No comments: